What does AES/EDFUND mean on my credit report?
Is AES/EDFUND making an impact credit score?
What is AES/EDFUND?
AES/EDFUND is shorthand for
American Education Services, with the company name being
American Education Services
AES/EDFUND is a
Student Loan Debt. They could be on your report for a number of reasons, for example:
- ⚫ You missed a repayment.
- ⚫ You opened an account with American Education Services.
- ⚫ American Education Services bought your debt and are now trying to collect on it.
- ⚫ You opened a credit card / loan / mortgage with this company.
- ⚫ Someone fraudulently opened a credit line under your name.
How do I contact them?
Here is the current contact details for American Education Services:
- 1200 N. 7th St., Harrisburg, PA
SmartCredit Report Example
- This is an example of what this creditor will look like on your SmartCredit report.
Will this affect my credit score?
Whether this account affects your credit score depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- Account Open Date: If you opened this account recently it will impact your credit, the only way to prevent this from impacting your credit score is to remove the account from your report.
- Derogatory Markings: If this account has any derogatory markings such as:
Lates, Charge Offs, Collections and others.
However, there are could be some potential positive aspects to this account which could lead to improving your credit score, such as:
- Account Age: If your account is quite old, then the age of it will positively impact your credit score
- Repayment History: If the account has no
Late Payments, Charge off Payments, then it may reflect a positive impact onto your credit score.
Can AES/EDFUND be removed from my credit report?
Yes, with the right strategy, you will be able to remove any account from your report. But you have to be careful to ensure that the account is negative to begin with, or it will negatively impact your credit score.
However, removing a negative account will positively impact your credit score, allowing you to open new credit lines and potentially removing bad debt.
What is Student Loan Debt?
Student Loan Debt is taken on fund your your education, the amount taken on debt wise is usually high with long repayment times. Due to the fact that the repayment times are so long, it increases the chance of administrative errors being made: These will permanently be reflected on your credit report. If you believe that you have been affected by any administrative errors then you should take action to fix the issues.