What does UNIFUND LLC mean on my credit report?
Is UNIFUND LLC making an impact credit score?
What is UNIFUND LLC?
UNIFUND LLC is shorthand for
Unifund, with the company name being
Under a Management Agency Agreement (MAA), Unifund is managed by its affiliate, Johnson, Inc., which sells all policies through insurance representatives licensed by the various provincial licensing authorities. The MAA is approved by the Federal Insurance Company Act for the purpose of ensuring fair market terms and conditions. Those procedures are supervised by the Conduct Review Committee of the board of directors on behalf of Unifund. All members of this committee are independent and unaffiliated directors.
UNIFUND LLC is a
Creditor. They could be on your report for a number of reasons, for example:
⚫ You missed a repayment.
⚫ You opened an account with Unifund.
⚫ You opened a credit card / loan / mortgage with this company.
⚫ Someone fraudulently opened a credit line under your name.
About the account
The account is classified under the following METRO2 categories:
- ⚫ Collection Agency/Attorney
How do I contact them?
Here is the current contact details for Unifund:
- P.O. Box 12049, 10 Factory Lane St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador Canada, A1C 6H5
SmartCredit Report Example
- This is an example of what this creditor will look like on your SmartCredit report.
Will this affect my credit score?
Whether this account affects your credit score depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- Account Open Date: If you opened this account recently it will impact your credit, the only way to prevent this from impacting your credit score is to remove the account from your report.
- Derogatory Markings: If this account has any derogatory markings such as:
Lates, Charge Offs, Collections and others.
However, there are could be some potential positive aspects to this account which could lead to improving your credit score, such as:
- Account Age: If your account is quite old, then the age of it will positively impact your credit score
- Repayment History: If the account has no
Late Payments, Charge off Payments, then it may reflect a positive impact onto your credit score.
Can UNIFUND LLC be removed from my credit report?
Yes, with the right strategy, you will be able to remove any account from your report. But you have to be careful to ensure that the account is negative to begin with, or it will negatively impact your credit score.
However, removing a negative account will positively impact your credit score, allowing you to open new credit lines and potentially removing bad debt.