What does SUNSET.FIN mean on my credit report?
Is SUNSET.FIN making an impact credit score?
What is SUNSET.FIN?
SUNSET.FIN is shorthand for
Sunset Finance, with the company name being
Sunset Finance LLC
The name “Sunset” was recommended for many years by our founder’s wife of many years, each Sunset Management Branch Makes Consumer Loans to Individuals on an Installment Basis and Offers Personal Tax Preparation. After 20 plus years, Sunset Management, Inc. is still a family owned business, with more than 50 years of combined experience in the consumer finance industry. Being an experienced family-owned business, we are able to approach our customers on a personal level, which other companies often overlook, and also allow us the ability to make quick business decisions to help our current and potential customers.
SUNSET.FIN is a
Creditor. They could be on your report for a number of reasons, for example:
⚫ You missed a repayment.
⚫ You opened an account with Sunset Finance.
⚫ You opened a credit card / loan / mortgage with this company.
⚫ Someone fraudulently opened a credit line under your name.
About the account
The account is classified under the following METRO2 categories:
- ⚫ Collection Agency/Attorney
How do I contact them?
Here is the current contact details for Sunset Finance:
- 1608 Richland Ave Suite 240 Aiken, SC 29801
- (803) 641-0419
IdentityIQ Report Example
- This is an example of what this creditor will look like on your IdentityIQ report.
Will this affect my credit score?
Whether this account affects your credit score depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- Account Open Date: If you opened this account recently it will impact your credit, the only way to prevent this from impacting your credit score is to remove the account from your report.
- Derogatory Markings: If this account has any derogatory markings such as:
Lates, Charge Offs, Collections and others.
However, there are could be some potential positive aspects to this account which could lead to improving your credit score, such as:
- Account Age: If your account is quite old, then the age of it will positively impact your credit score
- Repayment History: If the account has no
Late Payments, Charge off Payments, then it may reflect a positive impact onto your credit score.
Can SUNSET.FIN be removed from my credit report?
Yes, with the right strategy, you will be able to remove any account from your report. But you have to be careful to ensure that the account is negative to begin with, or it will negatively impact your credit score.
However, removing a negative account will positively impact your credit score, allowing you to open new credit lines and potentially removing bad debt.