What does Central Credit Union Of Illinois (CENTRAL CU) mean on my credit report?
Is CENTRAL CU making an impact credit score?
What is CENTRAL CU?
CENTRAL CU is shorthand for
Central Credit Union Of Illinois, with the company name being
Central Credit Union Of Illinois LLC
CENTRAL CU is a
Credit Union. They could be on your report for a number of reasons, for example:
⚫ You missed a repayment.
⚫ You opened an account with Central Credit Union Of Illinois.
⚫ You opened a credit card / loan / mortgage with this company.
⚫ Someone fraudulently opened a credit line under your name.
How do I contact them?
Here is the current contact details for Central Credit Union Of Illinois:
- 1001 Mannheim Road, Bellwood, IL 60104
- (708) 649-6400, (708) 649-6449
SmartCredit Report Example
- This is an example of what this creditor will look like on your SmartCredit report.
IdentityIQ Report Example
- This is an example of what this creditor will look like on your IdentityIQ report.
Will this affect my credit score?
Whether this account affects your credit score depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- Account Open Date: If you opened this account recently it will impact your credit, the only way to prevent this from impacting your credit score is to remove the account from your report.
- Derogatory Markings: If this account has any derogatory markings such as:
Lates, Charge Offs, Collections and others.
However, there are could be some potential positive aspects to this account which could lead to improving your credit score, such as:
- Account Age: If your account is quite old, then the age of it will positively impact your credit score
- Repayment History: If the account has no
Late Payments, Charge off Payments, then it may reflect a positive impact onto your credit score.
Can CENTRAL CU be removed from my credit report?
Yes, with the right strategy, you will be able to remove any account from your report. But you have to be careful to ensure that the account is negative to begin with, or it will negatively impact your credit score.
However, removing a negative account will positively impact your credit score, allowing you to open new credit lines and potentially removing bad debt.
What is a Credit Union
A credit union is similar to a bank, however it is owned collectively by the members and does not operate on a for-profit basis. Many credit unions are able to provision credit and issue credit cards, which may report on your credit report. Due to the none-profit nature of credit unions they are generally more trusted by the public, as they are less likely to act in a malicious fashion. However, credit unions can still make mistakes with reporting on your credit report therefore being aware of what is being reported, and take action against any unfair reporting.