What does CAP ONE AUTO mean on my credit report?
Is CAP ONE AUTO making an impact credit score?
What is CAP ONE AUTO?
CAP ONE AUTO is shorthand for
Capital One Financial Corporation, with the company name being
Capital One Financial Corporation LLC
The company’s objective is to make it impossible to being blocked from the financial systems. We are on a mission to change banking for good.
CAP ONE AUTO is a
Automotive Trader. They could be on your report for a number of reasons, for example:
⚫ You missed a repayment.
⚫ You opened an account with Capital One Financial Corporation.
⚫ You opened a credit card / loan / mortgage with this company.
⚫ Someone fraudulently opened a credit line under your name.
About the account
The account is classified under the following METRO2 categories:
- ⚫ Auto Loan
- ⚫ Collection Agency/Attorney
- ⚫ Auto
- ⚫ Education
How do I contact them?
Here is the current contact details for Capital One Financial Corporation:
- 6125 Lakeview Rd, Suite 800, Charlotte, NC 28269
IdentityIQ Report Example
- This is an example of what this creditor will look like on your IdentityIQ report.
Will this affect my credit score?
Whether this account affects your credit score depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- Account Open Date: If you opened this account recently it will impact your credit, the only way to prevent this from impacting your credit score is to remove the account from your report.
- Derogatory Markings: If this account has any derogatory markings such as:
Lates, Charge Offs, Collections and others.
However, there are could be some potential positive aspects to this account which could lead to improving your credit score, such as:
- Account Age: If your account is quite old, then the age of it will positively impact your credit score
- Repayment History: If the account has no
Late Payments, Charge off Payments, then it may reflect a positive impact onto your credit score.
Can CAP ONE AUTO be removed from my credit report?
Yes, with the right strategy, you will be able to remove any account from your report. But you have to be careful to ensure that the account is negative to begin with, or it will negatively impact your credit score.
However, removing a negative account will positively impact your credit score, allowing you to open new credit lines and potentially removing bad debt.
What is a Automotive Trader
A Automotive Trader is any company that buys or sells vehicles. They will report on your credit report if you bought a car on credit or took out a loan during the purchase of your car. The repayment date is normally around three years, and the interest rate is typically between 3-13%. If you fail to make payments they may hire a collections agency which will try to either:
- Collect the (alleged) missed payments
- Try to reposess the vehicle
Either option is not ideal for you life as it may cause undue distress, expecially if the debt has not been reported correctly or there has been a mistake in the reporting process. The best way to protect yourself from automotive debt collectors is to challenge then repair any potential errors on their reporting.